DOUBLE CHOCOLATE QUICK BREAD
Recipe Permalink: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/double-chocolate-quick-bread/
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (1.25 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (5 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable, avocado, melted coconut, etc.)
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (5.25 ounces) sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X5-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and pour the chocolate chips on top of the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before running a knife gently around the edges and turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.