Baked Potato Soup
Adapted from Teens Cook by Megan and Jill Carle
Makes 4 servings
2 Large Potatoes
½ small white onion
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
4 Cups milk
Salt and pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Wash potatoes and pierce the skins all over with the tines of a fork. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes or until they are cooked through, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. Peel the cooled potatoes and cut them into ½ inch cubes.
- Dice the onion into ¼ inch pieces. Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat, add 3 Tablespoons of butter and the onion to the pan. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onion softens.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of flour to the butter and onions. Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk and whisk it into the flour and butter mixture until smooth. Once that is combined add the remaining 3 cups of milk and the diced potato.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a stick blender puree the soup, leaving some bigger chunks of potato for texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheese, bacon crumbles and minced chives.